I have been practicing law since 1971. In my early career, I was a legal aid attorney representing disadvantaged persons in landlord tenant, family law and bankruptcy.
Since 1978, I have had a general law practice in Bucks County PA, as well as Philadelphia, and Montgomery County, first as a partner in a small firm and presently as a sole practitioner through my own firm.
During the course of my career, I have had extensive experience in all aspects of legal practice, particularly in the areas of real estate litigation such as actions to quiet title, ejectment and tax upset sale and judicial sale litigation. In the area of land use and zoning, I have filed numerous zoning applications to local zoning boards, as well as litigating many land use appeals in the Common Pleas Courts and to the Commonswealth Court of Pennsylvania. I am also a former member of the Solebury Township Zoning Hearing Board.
Besides the Commonwealth Court, I also have extensive experience in appeals with the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, as well as the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania on subjects ranging from divorce to mortgage foreclosure, construction and commercial disputes.
As to family law, I have participated, litigated and appealed where necessary, all aspects of family law ranging from divorce, equitable divisions, alimony, custody and support, to juvenile and children and youth matters.
In criminal law, I have tried and successfully defended cases ranging from assault to DUI and traffic violations.
In Federal Bankruptcy Court, I have represented not only many debtors, but also have frequently represented creditors in cases where they request the Bankruptcy Court to lift the automatic stay.
In choosing a lawyer, particularly in potentially complex matters such as litigation, contested divorce, and land use, it really does matter which lawyer you have. The practice of law is not just the filing of papers but requires advice and judgment grounded in experience in the courts and in the law.
Areas of Practice
- 20% Real Estate, agreements, litigation tax sales
- 15% Zoning, Land Use, Appeals
- 15% Wills and Estates
- 15% Family Law, Divorce, Custody Support
- 15% Bankruptcy, Debtors, Creditors
- 10% Personal Injury, Workers’ Comp.
- 5% Criminal Law
- 5% Business, incorporation, agreements
- 40% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1971
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1971
- University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, 1967
B.A. – History, Economics
- Bailey vs. Upper Southampton TP, 690 A.2d 1324 (Pa, Cmwlth 1997)
- Citicorp Mgt. v. Morrisville Hampton Village Realty, 456 Pa. Super 338, 690 A.2d 723 (PA. Super 1997)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bucks County Bar Association, 1971 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2003 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Wood & Floge, Partner, 1978 - 2004
- Bucks County Legal Aid, Staff Lawyer, 1971 - 1978
Pro Bono Activities
- For Bucks County Legal Aid and Pro bono Program, 1972 - Present
- Solebury Township Zoning Hearing Board, 1999 - 2004
- April 14, 1945, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania